Tuesday, February 15, 2011

I heart Cape Town


Everyday I'm more and more amazed at what a beautiful place I live in. Having lived in Cape Town, Joburg and Durban I feel I can say, without a doubt, that Cape Town is by far the best. I'm sure true Durbanites and Johannesburgers will argue, but I don't really care. We not only have a picturesque mountain that adorns our landscape everyday, but also white - sandy beaches and a blue sea. Not to mention the fact that I'm bombarded with gorgeous-supermodel people that make me want to hide in my house and never go out again. Honestly, where the hell do they come from? Is their a secret government warehouse that breeds them like cattle?

Whenever I leave Cape Town to visit my mom in PE, I count the days until I can return and once I drive into Cape Town I can never remember why I left. Don't get me wrong, I love my mom, but Cape Town is my home and I would never want to live anywhere else. The people in Cape Town are also the most colourful of South Africa. Its filled with anyone from emos to indie kids, from jocks to hippies and everything in between...

The highlight of my day is walking through the city center, between the stalls by the train station, and through the company gardens. It almost seems like their in completely different worlds and not just different streets. The different people, the different classes, the different atmospheres all rolled into one.

Nothing can beat it

No comments:

Post a Comment